Tuesday, February 5, 2013

ELEPHANT TOOTHPASTE


Elephant Toothpaste
You need:
one small water or pop bottle, one funnel, hydrogen peroxide,
liquid dish soap, food coloring, one packet of yeast
Combine yeast and about 3/4 cup warm water. Set aside for five or more minutes. Add about 1/2 cup peroxide, 1/4 cup dish soap, and food coloring to the bottle. Swish around.  Finally, add yeast mixture and quickly remove funnel.  Then watch the toothpaste flow!
Warning!
If done outside, kids will feel the need to throw leaves and
clumps of grass into the pink foam.
While my children are young, my biggest goal is to make science interesting.
I try to ask my kids questions about what’s happening or see if they have a hypothesis
about what they expect to happen.   And, they usually have some fun questions for me.
“Mom, why do you call it elephant toothpaste?
You shouldn’t because it’s not toothpaste and it’s not an elephant.”
Happy experimenting!

1 comment: